MENU

Wednesday, September 11, 2019

What is a Profile?


A family profile is a 20+ page booklet that a hopeful adoptive family gives to a prospective birth parent(s) who is making an adoption plan. It gives a glimpse into who you are (as a couple/individually) in addition to the children you may have, your extended family, pets you may have, and the home/community you live in.

Back in 2013, we had our adoption consultant (who also happens to be my sister-in-love) create one for us to give to J's birth mother. Although he was in foster care, we wanted her to know who we were. I mean, would you trust someone to care for your baby if you knew nothing about them? We were overwhelmed thinking about getting the wording right and wondering what all to include, which is an area where having an adoption consultant is valuable! We simply filled out a questionnaire, sent photographs, and told her the type of design we liked. About 2 weeks later, she sent us the final product to print!

A page from our profile

When I became an adoption consultant, I knew that profile creation would be a weakness of mine. I can assess risk, complete agency paperwork, answer adoption questions, encourage hopeful adoptive parents, and stay organized like a boss but when it comes to creativity - I struggle. So what's a girl to do? Hire an expert! 

Libby with her beautiful family
When I asked Libby if she would be interested in creating profiles for my families, her immediate answer was yes! I'm so blessed to have her as my profile creator because she specializes in photography and graphic design. She's been creating profiles for hopeful adoptive families for nearly 3 years. She carefully and thoughtfully designs each profile. Her goal with each one is for the family’s unique personalities to shine through which gives expectant mothers a glimpse into their life. And what's extra special about Libby is that she prays over each family as she creates their profile. Here are just a few examples of her incredible work:


+ If you are interested in learning more about adoption and the services we provide at Christian Adoption Consultants, I would love to chat! Feel free to email me at meg@christianadoptionconsultant.com. +

No comments :

Post a Comment