MENU

Monday, February 15, 2021

William

It was seven years ago is when I first felt the Holy Spirit nudging me to trust him in a way I never knew was possible. He planted the thought of adoption on my heart. I was completely caught off guard! I had been married for two years, was pregnant with my 2nd child, and never even thought of it before much less had a conversation with Blake about it. I kept the nudge in my heart for another year before I spoke it to life to my sister and a friend who had already adopted two children. I remember feeling unworthy of the calling from the Spirit and like it was an impossible task. 

Fast forward four years later after countless conversations with Blake, many tears, prayers and an immense amount of trust in God - we reached out to our first agency to apply for adoption. We were doing it and I couldn’t believe it! 


However, our family did experience quite a few road blocks that just didn’t stop coming. We suffered an immense loss around this time causing us to put a hold on everything until we could make it back to stable ground emotionally for us and our three kiddos. All the huge doubts came flooding in again. We clung on to the truth that the God of the mountains is the same God of the valleys.


We ended up loosing a little money and leaving that agency only to be led to Meg at Christian Adoption Consultants one year ago. It felt like a huge risk to us to go with a consultant considering the additional cost, but it also felt so right and on purpose that we were led to her. 


Seven months after completing our home study, here we are with our precious William. We’re cooped up waiting on ICPC approval and I keep pinching myself that IT REALLY HAPPENED! 


Although there were so many road blocks, no’s, disappointments, and tears along the way it was worth every ounce to continue to persevere. The glory of God is radiating out of William’s story in just the 5 days we have known him and it is more than I could ever fathom. His sovereignty is coming to light and we truly are humbled to be a part of it. We can’t wait to see His plans for William's future! 


In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.” Matthew 5:16

No comments :

Post a Comment